Diversified's Community Giving
Diversified started with just a handful of wells in north central West Virginia and, while our company evolves and assets grow (now spanning Kentucky, Louisiana, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia), our culture rooted in a hard day’s work, supporting one another, and helping our friends and neighbors in need, never will.
We’re proud of our heritage and remain focused on making long-lasting, positive impacts in the communities where we operate and live.
We want both our actions and economic contributions to make a difference – beginning with employing local people to do local work – and that’s why we focus our community giving investments on three key areas: Community Enrichment, Education & Workforce, and the Environment.
Programs of Interest
We want to invest in programs that encourage the development of diverse, safe, healthy, and sustainable communities, which help to foster residential, commercial and economic growth. These programs can vary from community food banks, libraries, improving access to healthcare, 4-H/FFA, local parks, youth sports, and combatting homelessness, among others.
Education & Workforce
Proficiency in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) topics is a key area of focus for our company, and supporting youth training and other workforce development programs are top priority. Eligible applicants can include in-school STEM-based curricula, computer and science camps, project-based learning, after school and lunchbox programs, career planning and preparation, among others.
Sustainability is a core value at Diversified, and we want to support organizations that focus on the preservation of natural resources and equip the public with conservation techniques to minimize environmental impacts. These initiatives can range from community gardens to watershed conservation, environmental education, and the preservation and restoration of green spaces.
We welcome and encourage interested individuals and organizations to apply for funding. For more information, including grant qualifications and form submissions please visit our Grant Application Page.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What Programs will Diversified NOT Support?
- Diversified’s community giving efforts will not support political parties, candidates or political organizations; chambers of commerce and other business leagues or organizations; for-profit entities, fraternal, social, industry, union or hobby/recreational clubs or organizations; scholarship programs (Diversified supports scholarships separately); churches, mosques, synagogues or other houses of worship (however, faith-based community service organizations or schools are eligible if their programs: are open to all individuals in the community regardless of religious belief, and serve a non-religious purpose, such as food pantry, homeless shelter, or education); organizations whose mission, operating philosophy or activities are in direct conflict with Diversified’s policies or could potentially damage the company’s reputation or could result in negative publicity for the company; or organizations that discriminate against others based on protected legal status (including age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religious preference, disability, military-veteran status). Additionally, we will not provide support to organizations outside our operating footprint or whose missions are not closely aligned with our focus areas.
- What is the most amount of funding Diversified will provide?
- Our giving efforts typically do not exceed $5,000 in one setting. Any recipient that receives more than $5,000 in one year will be required to submit a report outlining the impact within six months of the donation
- How frequently are applications reviewed?
- Diversified's Community Giving Council will meet twice annually (usually in April and October) to review applications.
- What geographic areas qualify for Diversified award grants?
- To ensure we’re making lasting contributions to the communities in which we work and live, our giving efforts will only support organizations across our operating footprint. This includes Alabama, Kentucky, Louisiana, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.
- Who can I contact with questions about a Diversified Energy Community Grant?
- Please contact our Community Affairs team with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.